Converse brand’s outreach efforts to provide fun and positive opportunities for the youth of America, spawns the Converse Open Gym Mixtape Series.
Reaching into the community
Since 2007, over 50,000 kids have spent a Saturday afternoon playing basketball at a Converse Open Gym event. Open Gym is a program where kids in six U.S. cities can come into a safe and fun environment to play a couple of pick-up games of basketball with their friends and other kids as well as meet current NBA players. In the summer and fall of 2011, Converse Open Gym sessions were held in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, Miami, and San Juan, Puerto Rico. Info on the program can be found on the official site http://Converse.com/opengym. In keeping with the Converse brand’s outreach efforts to provide fun and positive opportunities for the youth of America, the Converse Open Gym Mixtape Series was commissioned.
Read more at Suite101: Converse Open Gym Tour Supports Music with Exclusive Mixtape | Suite101.com http://www.suite101.com/content/converse-open-gym-tour-supports-music-with-exclusive-mixtape-a401194#ixzz1jfCKBBG7
- Converse Open Gym Project Supports New Music With Exclusive Mixtape Series (jdobypr.wordpress.com)
- Bramzwig Releases “The Roaring Twenty” Mixtape Presented by Coast 2 Coast Mixtape Promotions (prweb.com)
- Defenders of the Faith Release “The G’s Nextdoor” Mixtape Presented by Coast 2 Coast Mixtape Promotions (prweb.com)
- Download DropxLife Further Mixtape (stereogum.com)
- Mixtape Timeline: Five Years After DJ Drama’s Arrest (theboombox.com)
- Mixtape Monday: Big K.R.I.T. – “K.R.I.T. Wuz Here” (csnowheaties.com)
- Mixtape Monday: King Day Liberation Mix (soularadiance.wordpress.com)