I love social networking sites, especially Facebook. They allow me to observe how independent artists “connect” with audiences and manage their careers, as well as understand the Do’s and Don’ts of the entrepreneurial world.
The other day, I came across a Facebook note in which an independent artist complained that nobody had really been paying attention to him. In the same breath, he boldly demanded that people read his Facebook updates, listen to his music, and support him. I remember thinking that it was a very wrong approach.
Why is it wrong?
1) Facebook is a public forum. You never know who may be watching you. Venting is natural and healthy in regular circumstances. On social networking sites, it must go hand in hand with common sense.
2) Demanding that people pay attention to you is the best way to chase them away, especially when you are guilty of not paying attention to them yourself. I have observed this particular indie for months now. All he does is talk about himself and only connects with those who stroke his ego.
Read More from the Source: Creative Ramblings (http://s.tt/16be5)
*NOTE* Cendrine Marrouat is one of the most respected journalists in Canada, her columns on Examiner.com and her branded blog Creative Ramblings is one of my suggested resources for exceptional guidance on the use of Social Media as a tool. I am blessed to also have her as a mentor and Guest Blogger as her schedule permits, The Urban Link is lucky to have such a patrona. Enjoy!
- 6 tips to create brand awareness on Pinterest (creativeramblings.com)
- Guest Post: 5 Tips to Build a Loyal Audience with Your Blog (jdobypr.wordpress.com)
- Poll: Your questions about basic social media (creativeramblings.com)
- Infographics: Pros and cons of social media in education (creativeramblings.com)
- Slideshow & Video: 3 tips to write great newsletters (creativeramblings.com)
- Syndicating your blog posts: Spreading the love (creativeramblings.com)
- #specialfeature Your Questions About Basic Social Media via [Creative Ramblings] (jdobypr.wordpress.com)
- greatpoetrymhf.wordpress…..2nd Sunshine Award Nomination with Very Inspiring Blogger Award….and the nominees are (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)
- Business Blogs! What, When, Where, Why And How? (tweakyourbiz.com)