America’s number 1 digital magazine and online entertainment portal The Hype Magazine,will celebrate its 10-year anniversary event in Muncie, IN September 14-16, 2012. The Hype Magazine, which publishes print and online issues, will use the event to begin a new era for the outlet. For the last several years, the magazine has published limited edition print issues quarterly and monthly in the online format. Growth of online subscribers and increased retail circulation spurred the return to monthly print editions. The online version of the magazine is identical to the print version.
“The 10-year anniversary is significant because we have history. The Magazine has gone through changes and we have made it through the first 10 years, this is the time where you start to build respect amongst your peers and doors start to open, which they have.” says The Hype Magazine CEO and Publisher Jameelah “Just Jay” Wilkerson. “The reason I took this to Muncie is because that’s where I am from and sometimes, people forget where they are from and I definitely know I’m from small country town.”
10th Anniversary Event Highlights (Muncie, Indiana)
- Thursday September 13 – The Hype Magazine hosts the first date for the “Name Ur Price” Tour with BET 106th & Park Freestyle Champion Bigg JIgg
- Friday September 14 – Official Welcome to The Hype 10 Year Anniversary
- Saturday September 15 – All day event in McCulloch Park – Stage Hosted By: Global Music Mixx
- Sunday September 16 – Dj Roc of the Midwest Record Pool will host Sunday Night’s Showcase at Doc’s Music Hall
Besides being a media outlet, The Hype Magazine has made an impact as media sponsor for industry events such as the Global Mixx conference in Chicago as well as several other worldwide environmental issues. The brand has also expanded its ventures into artist management and currently, Wilkerson manages former BET 106 & Park “Freestyle Friday” 4-time champion Bigg Jigg.
About The H.Y.P.E. Magazine
Established in 2002, The H.Y.P.E. Magazine is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. H.Y.P.E. stands for “How You Perceive Everything.” It is designed to provide its patrons with relevant entertainment, music news, eye-catching consumer ads, and music reviews of their favorite established entertainers, while spotlighting independent artists seeking to gain greater exposure. This magazine reaches a unique group of consumers who view The H.Y.P.E. Magazine as their source for music, new trends, new products, services, entertainment, events and topics relevant to their daily lives; both personal and professional. The H.Y.P.E. Magazine’s mission is to tap into new technologies and digital media innovations to support the continued growth of the brand.
The H.Y.P.E. Magazine operates as a web portal with limited edition print issues, a monthly mixtape magazine. We have developed a strong online presence over the years with the help of monthly digital issues. The H.Y.P.E. Magazine provides digital content that is delivered electronically and is able to reach international markets; at the same time, the brand supports preservation of the environment with a revolutionary eco-friendly distribution method called Digeprint. These factors make it the #1 digital magazine in the world.
For more information on The H.Y.P.E. Magazine, visit http://TheHypeMagazine.com
Corporate Contact: Jameelah “Just Jay” Wilkerson firstname.lastname@example.org
- #HipHopHistory The Hype Magazine Issue #60 pre 10th anniversary issue ft. BET 106 & Park “Freestyle Friday” 4-time Champ Bigg Jigg (theurbanlink.net)
- The Hype Magazine Blog: TuneIn Online Radio App Hits 40 Million Monthly Active Listeners (theurbanlink.net)
- Kendrick Lamar & Dr. Dre Cover New 15th Anniversary Issue Of XXL Magazine [PHOTO] (hiphopwired.com)
- Video released of Lady Gaga’s September Vogue cover shoot (lucire.com)