SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 31, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ — The hip hop industry is abuzz with news that rapper Paul Wall has partnered with Jump Shot Media in the first-ever rap battle mobile game that scores and evaluates original rap performances. Known for his Billboard chart-topping radio hits and the diamond-encrusted “grillz” he made synonymous with hip-hop in 2005, Paul Wall is now the emcee to beat in the new mobile game Battle Rap Stars.
“I am incredibly excited to be part of this game,” said Wall. “The technology is amazing and the game is just plain fun. Whether you are trying to perfect your skills on the mic or just want to have fun, this game really delivers.”
Using patent-pending voice analysis, the game app can evaluate received vocals and assign a score based on a user’s rhythm, rhyme and vocal presence. The game features five real rappers that users will need to out-perform in order to eventually face Paul Wall in the final round.
Battle Rap Stars has been developed as a game everybody can play. It even features a karaoke mode for those who cannot come up with an original rap, which feeds lyrics to users as they need them.
“We designed this game so that both rappers and non-rappers will have a lot of fun,” said Keith Andrews, co-founder and CEO of Jump Shot Media. “This is truly a unique game that will keep users entertained for hours on end.”
Jump Shot Media is a Silicon Valley-based social and mobile game developer specializing in rap and hip-hop focused games and applications. Battle Rap Stars is now available at the iTunes App Store http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/battle-rap-stars/id469872992 . For more information, visit http://battlerapstars.com .
Please direct inquiries to:Mark Young, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Jump Shot Media
Copyright (C) 2011 PR Newswire. All rights reserved
- Paul Wall Featured In World’s First Battle Rap Game (hiphopwired.com)
- Rap war, dance-off entertain at ‘Battle of the Beats’ (kbrooksjournalist.wordpress.com)
- Straight out of Hackney: local rap battle goes all the way to No1 (independent.co.uk)
- Sexy & Soulful Visuals for Jill Scott ft. Paul Wall “So Gone (What My Mind Says)” (thinksoul25.com)
- The Sing-Off: Hip Hop Hits (thatswhatkimsaid.com)
- New Video: Jill Scott featuring Paul Wall – “So Gone (What My Mind Says)” (worldaccordingtomonte.com)
- 10 Best Rap Freestyle Lyrics (mademan.com)
- Jill Scott Debuts Sensual Video “So Gone” Ft. Paul Wall (hellobeautiful.com)
- Heads Up: Soundtrack Festival (independent.co.uk)
- Music Video: Jill Scott f/ Paul Wall – ‘So Gone (What My Mind Says)’ (mzrocklanta.com)